Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Life is . . .

    "It's better to be a pirate than join the Navy"--Steve Jobs

I remember when Jim Henson and River Phoenix died.  I find it a mystery that these two men somehow struck me in their deaths like I had known them personally.  I think some people have a certain gleam in their eye or simply have something that cannot be defined.  Perhaps, Steve Jobs had that same persona-- That mark we can only hope to rub into the dense woodiness of life.  Or it could be that I found out about his passing after watching Crazy Heart, so my empathy is high. Here's to you Jobs-- let's eat some Carbs. All you haters can go to bed. 

What you Need:

1 lb. pasta, cooked
3 Tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp chili, finely chopped
1 C parsley, chopped
1/2 C basil, chopped
1/2 C oregano, chopped
6 1/2 oz ricotta cheese, small cubes



Pasta with Ricotta, Chilli and Herbs 
Cook Pasta.
Heat oil in frying pan, add garlic and chili, cook 1 minute over low heat, stirring.
Place cooked pasta in bowl and pour contents of frying pan over pasta.

Add herbs and season with salt and pepper.
Add cubed ricotta.

*It helps to drain ricotta and set on a towel.  It keeps the cheese firm.



This meal pretty much wiped out the last of our herb garden.

Total Time: 25 minutes
Drink:  Something cheap
Movie: Crazy Heart

1 comment:

  1. It affected me like that too. I was caught off guard by that one!

    ReplyDelete