Monday, September 26, 2011

Fought with kitchen knives and skewers

Bah Bah Bah ba Bah.  My therapist said not to see you no more. . . What's up cats?  I hope your weekend was as awesome as mine was.   Actually, I was sick and you can count my misery by the crudded tissues littering the nothugs house.

Anyway, I needed something spicy and peanuty to get my through.  True story: a Netherlander looked at me in disgust when she discovered  I ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I told her she was spitting on the American flag.  Then she described the Netherlander equivalent to a peanut butter and banana sandwich.  To wit:  Bread, white Dutch cheese, bananas and ketchup grilled like a panini.  I love living in this time.  This is another guaranteed meal--eat it with rice because it is spicy!

What you Need:
bamboo skewers, soaked
12 oz. chicken tenders, cut
4 C brown rice
Cilantro

Peanut Sauce:
1/2 C H2o
1/3 C rice vinegar
1/3 C creamy Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 tsp red pepper




Spicy Peanut Chicken on a Stick

Cook the Rice first!
Sauce:  Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
Transfer to small pan and cook, stirring over meduim heat until thickened.  Do not boil!

Then . . .
Add half of sauce to chicken in storage bag and refrigerate 30 minutes.

And . . .
Thread chicken onto skewers.  Preheat Broiler.  Then broil 2-3 minutes each side.


Lay it out on the plate and add cilantro and remaining reheated peanut sauce.  Delicious!

Total Time: 10 minutes plus refrigeration.
Drink:  Pomegranate juice
Music:  James

No comments:

Post a Comment