Monday, September 12, 2011

It's Contributors Week, Mothers!

Today's recipe comes from the great dry state of Nevada.  It comes from cook, blogger and mother, Laura Hojnacke from the  Blog to My Health.  Take it away Laura.

Hello, I'm Laura.  I stay at home with my four children while my husband slaves away at a computer.   Over the last 4 years I have been changing our diet to include whole foods.  I now grind my own flour and TRY to make everything from scratch. This recipe was sent to me by my sister a few years ago.  She got it from a friend (who probably got it from another friend). Being a huge fan of sundried tomatoes, I just had to try it.  It is quick and easy to make, and is now a family favorite.   I'm hoping to make my own bowtie pasta for this dish one of these days.

Our cream is raw, but you can use pasteurized cream for this.  I make it without the chicken these days, so feel free to skip the first two ingredients and skip straight to the second step if you prefer a vegetarian meal, as I did. 

 What You Need:
Hearty Greek Pasta
feeds our family of 6
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken, sliced diagonally
3 T. olive oil
1 8oz. jar sundried tomatoes, drained and julienned
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1/4 c. fresh basil (or 1 T. dried basil)
1 12 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1/4  to 2 cups heavy cream, depending on how you like your sauce
1 lb. pasta (farfalle or rotini)
6 oz. feta cheese
1 t. dried oregano
Salt and pepper

Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomotoes and Artichokes

Cook pasta per instructions on package
while you make the sauce.
Brown chicken in oil until cooked.
Add sundried tomatoes and garlic and saute for 2 minutes
Add basil and artichokes to pan and saute for 1 minute.
Stir in cream, remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
Drain pasta and place in bowl.
Toss with sauce and feta cheese.





* Should you have some left over, refrigerate.  When ready to eat more,  just add a little cream and heat in a pan or (cringe) microwave.









There you have it.  Be sure to check out Laura's Blog here: Blog to My Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment