Monday, August 29, 2011

The $4,600 Taco

When I first went to College one credit hour cost $33.  It would be unfair to not give a little perspective so I should add that minimum wage was only $4.25.  Now the lowly burger-flipping or pizza-oven burnt victim's minimum wage is $8.00 and one credit hour costs $500.00.  I punched these numbers into my super computer and, after refining it for the escalating price of home mortgages and the Middle East Spring, my computer spit out the following calculation:  That's crazy, man.

Anyway, the University season is upon us.  Time to get out the pens and paper.

I was never a fan of fish tacos.  I think it exposed some murky bigotism on my part, in that, when ever I pictured a fish taco I saw fish heads complete with jelly eyes and wiry whiskers.  Well, I'm over it now and let my say this is a guaranteed recipe.  Enjoy.
What You Need:

1 lb. Yellowfin tuna fillet (about 3/4" thick)
8  Tortillas (6")
1 Avocado, peeled and sliced into quarters.
1/2 C Red Onion, sliced.
1/4 Cilantro leaves, chopped.
Jalapeno slices
Lime juice
Cooking Spray

Seasoning:
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 + 1/8 tsp. chili powder

Yellowfin Tuna Tacos
photos by DMG
Combine seasoning in bowl and sprinkle evenly over tuna.
Heat a pan over high heat and add cooking spray.
Cook fish, 2-4 minutes each side.

*You may need to slice tuna if fillet is too thick.
Warm tortillas.
Slice fish into chunks and divide amongst tortillas.
Top with 2 Tbsp. Avocado, 1 Tbsp Onion, Cilantro, Jalapeno slices and sprinkle with Lime juice.


Total Time:  25 minutes
Netflix: Trublood
Drink: Aqua, con libre

No comments:

Post a Comment