Tuesday, August 30, 2011

And The Living's Easy

The audience for this one is myself 10 years ago.  So allow me to share this bit with him.

First: I'm glad you finally got your hair figured out.  It looks good.  Lets work on the way you dress next.  Go ahead and spend that extra time and dollar searching for something nice--it's worth it.  Hey, that's a nice jazz collection you have going. You should really learn how to cook and make drinks--it's kind of classy.  Oh yeah, go ahead and start eating meat again, the vegetarian thing will be over next Thanksgiving.

 *Although I have nothing against it, and even find the occasional martini lunch slightly more romantic than depressing, I am not a proponent of mid-week drinking.  The truth is this recipe was supposed to be my Thursday widow-- something nice for the weekend.  But last night we steamed some carrots and broccoli, slapped some Gates on a Chicken and grilled it.  Delicious, but hardly anything to write about.






What you Need:

3 C Strawberries
Dry White Wine
Cointreau, 1/4 - 1/2 C
Mineral Water


 Strawberry White-wine Spritzer

 Blend Strawberries and Cointreau until smooth.

*I used frozen strawberries which took a bit of finesse and was loud.  I suggest making this part ahead of time.


Add a little ice to wine glass and combine:

2 Tbsp. strawberry
1/3 C wine
1/2 C mineral water



This drink is perfect for summer.  It screams it. I was pretty damn liberal with the Cointreau.

Total Time: 10 minutes
Music:  T-Rex








1 comment: